Robert Goodbar was good enough to send me this breakdown of their cost of living in Coronado. They are purchasing their home with a mortgage and presumably own their car.
Interesting that he shows medical insurance for his wife, but nothing for him. Is he going bare [of insurance that is, because as far as I know Coronado does not have a nude beach]? Or does he have US government insurance which many federal retirees have and which, unlike Medicare, does work in Panama?
- Mortgage $890
- Electric with Pensionado discount $120 (In Coronado you’d want air conditioning)
- Gardener $180 (My guess would be 2 days a week)
- Pool $50 (Probably why electric is higher than I would expect)
- Life Insurance $210 (Required with mortgage)
- Homeowner Dues $145
- Water $50 with senior discount (In Boquete water is $60 per YEAR)
- Cable Internet/telephone with senior discount $65
- Food, eating out, gas $1,000
- Medical insurance for wife only $177
- Auto, liability, homeowners insurance $90
What I don’t see here, aside for his medical insurance, is any cost of personal care, medication, travel, car repair, out of pocket medical or entertainment.